1.18.2011

more from the edge....

Otto Wagner
1902

I went back through 
and picked my favorite
pieces,
well,
I tried to narrow it down to 10,
then 15, then
20....
Ended up with 22.
Here they are in chronological order....


Adolf Loos
1905

This looks like a little puppy to me.


Marcel Breuer
1922

I wish I had been sitting in this in 1922.
Image who you would have been
or what you would have been doing.
I do know what you would be doing now though...
You would be dead.


Gerrit Rietveld
1923

These should be our new dining chairs.


Joseph Hoffmanm
1928

I saw this in an old movie the other night!


Rene Herbst
1930

Zebra always gets me. Everytime....


Warren McArthur
1933

I know he's not
"in fashion"
right now, but I luv me some Warren Mac.


KEM Weber
1934

These are great.
You may be seeing more on the market soon
if the rumor I heard recently comes to pass....


Isamu Noguchi
1937

Amazing


Hans Coray
1938

This is the only example I have ever seen in red.
I have two in green, which is nice,
but the red is better.


Morgens Lassen
1942

These always reminded me of the 
manta rays I used to see
growing up when we would go fishing.
I've never found one...
yet!


Rudolph Schindler
1948

So impractical and over-designed...
but 
beautiful and amazing.


Le Corbusier
1950

I seem to really like things with holes,
what does that say about me Carl?


Jean Prouvé
1950

Yes please


Max Bill
1950

Never seen one of these in the flesh.


Franco Albini
1952

I love the shape of the arms on this, 
and how the back pivots.
I love everything Franco does.
I mead did.
He's dead.
Too bad.


Edelhardt Harlis
1955

Who?


Gio Ponti
1955

Funny,
I was talking to Michael and asked him 
if he had discovered that
Gio Ponti designed these, before or after he sold them.
He frowned and said after.


Dan Johnson
1958

These are SO fragile
when in all wood.
The bronze ones are nice too 
and much more useful.
That being said I would rather have a wood one.


Gerrit Rietveld
1963

The date of this always surprises me.
Gerrit would have been 76
when he desinged this.
he died the next year.
RIP
Gerrit.


Donald Judd
1984

Look Matt,
it's another one of those trash can chairs.
Weird.


 Donald Judd
1985

I always wondered why Michael sold this.
I will have to ask.

More

1 comment:

  1. p.- its easy .
    till now it was just t&a.
    from now on there will be more balls&holes i guess..

    ReplyDelete